Home page

Introduction

Tour of highlights

View English sites

View French sites

Search by subject

Scope of the project

Contact

   

E w

   
 

n2

 

s2

 

n3

The Lady Chapel

s3

n4

s4

n5

s5

         
n2,1,s2, s3, s4 Passion scenes
n4, n3 Donors and their patron saints
n5, s5 Nineteenth century Femish windows

Litchfield Cathedral

Magnificent glass of the1530s originally from the Abbey of Heckenrode (near Liège) which was demolished in 1802. Seven of its windows were bought by Sir Brooke Boothby and then acquired by the cathedral. The sketches for the windows are thought to be by Pierre Coecke who worked in Antwerp in the C16.

Windows n5 and s5 are of a later date but also of Flemish origin.

The windows have recently been removed for restroration but are planned to be reinstalled in 2014

An old photograph of the Lady Chapel

(c) Copyright Painton Cowen 2008