Home page

Introduction

Tour of highlights

View English sites

View French sites

Search by subject

Scope of the project

Contact

Warwick, St Mary's

The Beauchamp Chapel


   

E

   

n1

     

s1

n2

     

s2

n3

     

s3

         
Remarkable glass in all the windows in the chapel. The east window was vandalised by the Puritans in 1643, but has been very skillfully restored, with certain figures being reconstituted from fragments. Many of the 'jewelled' hems to the costumes remain.

By John Pudde of Westminster (Henry VI's glazier) 1463.

In the tracery lights of the six side windows are sets of musical angels and choirs of angels with an accurate representation of the instuments of the mid-fifteenth century

 

Showing the east window and

 

window n1

     

window s1

& window n2 (above the monument)

     

& window s2