Home page

Introduction

Tour of highlights

View English sites

View French sites

Search by subject

Scope of the project

Contact

Source: H. du Ranquet "Les Vitraux de la Cathedrale de Clermont Ferrand," 1932

(c) Copyright Painton Cowen 2008,2014

Ambulatory chapels

East window

L- Prodigal Son

R - St John Baptist

C - The Childhood of Christ

R - The Legend of Theophilus

Ambulatory chapels

 

n 1 Mary Magdalene

 

s1 St Bonnet

 

n 2 St Austremoine

 

w100
The Assumption (L)
Christ (R)

 

s 2 The Passion
C12 panels
St Bonnet

w101
St Peter
St John (head modern)

Choir clerestory

glass 1270-80



views

w102
St Paul (head modern)
St Andrew

 n 3 St George

w103
St James (head modern)
St Thomas

w104
St James (Less)
St Matthew

s 3 St Privat
St Margaret

 

w105
Three figures (C19)

w106
Isaiah, Joel, Abraham

s 4 St Agatha

w107
Three figures (C19)

w108
Abdias, Amos, Moses

s 5 St Arthème

Ambulatory chapels

w109
Jonas, Haggai, Job

w110
Balaam, David, Solomon

Ambulatory chapels

w111
a king, a bishop, a prophet

w112
Habakkuk, Amos, Micah

N. rose

Transept

S. rose

  some C15 glass here

Nave

   
     
     

 Clermont Ferrand cathedral

Most of the surviving glass gates from the second half of the thirteenth century, between 1260 and 1280. It is possible that glaziers from the Sainte Chapelle in Paris were employed here. St Louis visited the town in 1262 for the marriage of his son Philippe le hardi.